Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 26 Mar 2011 14:06:26 -0500
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Friday moderation discussion - Starting point
Comments: To: John Reynolds <transporterjr@YAHOO.COM>

---- John Reynolds <transporterjr@YAHOO.COM> wrote: > Since we have put this through Sat, since BenT is sick (so am I) > I'll pipe in on a couple of things. When I arrived on this list from the type 2 list, I found the amount of non-technical discussions startling. I am used of it now, but still find that questions about computers, etc, even on a Friday irrelevant. Just about anything dealing with VW, autos, camping, tools, national parks I do find relevant. > I think extending Friday through sat or entire weekend is worth a try. Then get some feedback from the list whether to continue. > Lately, I saw a couple of posts, not "directly" related to Vanagons that the moderators asked to save until Friday and the original posters were upset. Come'on people, wasn't a big request, now was it? > Finally, thanks to the moderators. The language and attitudes on other forums can be a real drag- so I truly appreciate your efforts to keep this a civilized place > John

I just want to add my concurrence to John's comments. I would, however, be a little upset (but will not yell about it, I have a choice of whether to open the post or not) if the weekend starts to be taken up with pictures of airplanes, questions about cameras, forwards of advertisements for concerts (all of which I have seen here on Fridays). You get the idea, and there are myriads more such things.

So far as things like campsites, tools, the quality of a given highway, and numerous other things that are not particularly vanagon related per se but relate to our use of them, I personally deem those things to be appropriate any day of the week. The moderators may differ, but I think they have explicitly concurred concerning anything camping related.

mcneely

-- David McNeely