Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 26 Mar 2011 14:44:15 -0800
From:         Troy <colorworks@GCI.NET>
Subject:      Re: Go Westy 3 window tent for sale
Comments: To: ralph meyermann <ralphmeyermann@gmail.com>

I think that our canvas tents have stood the test of time. They do fade, but with a little bit of Scotchgard, canvas holds up quite well. Go Westy claims the hemp tents are of better quality. I don't know if that's just a marketing ploy to sell a more expensive tent? Any hemp tent owners care to comment? I suspect it would be nice if they did not fade. I have used sunbrella (acrylic) and that's an incredibly durable material, but probably a bit stiff. I have no question in my mind that the acrylic tents would stand the test of time. Everything I have made from the stuff in still in perfect condition. I do my own sewing. Why wouldn't you want a hemp tent? The edges of these tents are bound with welt, a type of cord, so no, they do not get trimmed . The frayed edges are hidden under the aluminum strips, but it still shows poor workmanship. There are lots of loose threads, threads trapped under the screen, just tacky quality. Maybe I'm just picky too;) They are functional . I looked at the tents again, and they are actually made in the U.S.! Oh my, pretty sad when the stuff from China is of better quality than the US! Troy I was wondering between the two on the canvas who makes the best quality one i don't want the hemp blend i've had my share ;-) which one is better durability and anti rain/mildew thanks y'all

.