Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 27 Mar 2011 11:05:26 -0700
From:         Ron Lussier <rlussier@LENSCRAFT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Can't view archives with Firefox 4
Comments: To: David Beierl <dbeierl@attglobal.net>

Everything looks okay on Safari. This is a bit weird, because generally Safari and Chrome are the same browser. I can't recall more than one or two places where I've seen them differ in behavior.

That said, the HTML used by that first archives page is a *horror*. There is a close </head> tag, but no open tag, or any <html> tag. I can see where the renderer might throw up on that.

David, if you write to me privately and give me access to the HTML, I can fix these problems.

Coyote

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 10:44 PM, David Beierl <dbeierl@attglobal.net>wrote:

> At 01:05 AM 3/27/2011, email99 wrote: > >> Firefox 4 works great, as expected on all other web pages. >> >> Any suggestions? >> >> You can pmail any comments so I can read them without using IE. >> > > Rats. It broke on Chrome, now on Firefox. Setting colors to > browser-specified didn't help. Guess we'll have to grovel around and > see what we can see. Could someone give Opera and Safari a try? > > Thanks, > David >

-- ron lussier / lenscraft fine art photography rlussier@lenscraft.com 89 crescent avenue AIM coyote@me.com sausalito / ca 94965 http://www.lenscraft.com/ +1 415.669-4766

"You may be certain that the world is heading for destruction, but it's a good thing, a moral thing, to behave as though there's still hope. Hope is as contagious as despair: your hope, or show of hope, is a gift you can give to your neighbour, and may even help to prevent or delay the destruction of his world," — Primo Levi, 1985