Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 27 Mar 2011 14:58:12 -0400
From:         Jonce Fancher <streetbugs@FRONTIER.COM>
Subject:      Dash lights Come on when you step on Brakes
Comments: To: not a vw club <not_a_vw_club@yahoogroups.com>

Hi all Well Gots me a Electrical issue.

Really do no know when it started but I do have it.

Here is the Issue

Step on the Brakes and the Dash Pod Lights come on. All of them, Like Tach, Speedo, Clock the whole lot.

Now it could be from anything. I have a Ford Zetec in the Back. It could be the Floating Ground from the Alternator light thing they use so I am not totally worried about it. I also did install a Hitch with wiring and Put a new battery in. But have done many other electrical upgrades as well. My guess the Bostig Zetec has the answer to it. But thought I would toss it out there for fun to see if anyone else has seen this happen.

I did have a different issue when the wire was tied to another wire. Think if I remember the turn signals would blink when I stepped on the brake or something. All in good fun.

C-ya Jonce