Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 27 Mar 2011 16:55:40 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Shock Advice Sought
Comments: To: David Vickery <david_vickery@YAHOO.COM>

hi, in general these days ..I think Meyle as a brand is kinda junk. I am telling my suppliers now ........no meyle parts and no parts from 'that country.'

I like the HD Bilsteins myself.. though I'll say ..they seem more 'all right/decent' on a vanagon than they do 'magic.' (but see below ) On a couple other cars of mine . a Benz and a turbo volvo sedan ..HD Bilsteins did seem magic...esecially on the Benz..

and I'll have to say ..on my first vanagon, I put HD Bilsteins all around on it when I got it . and they were pretty magic .. nice sublte ride, eats up bumps nicely , etc.

I would go for either the HD Bilsteins.. or the Premium Boge's ..and i'd like to try some Koni's one of these days.

on my 85 adventuewagon .. when I went from 14 inch wheels to 15 inch steel wheels with micheline agillies 205/65 R15C tires.. then I though the HD Bilsteins started acting more like 'pretty stellar shocks.'

scott turbovans

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Vickery" <david_vickery@YAHOO.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2011 4:29 PM Subject: Shock Advice Sought