Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 28 Mar 2011 09:53:36 -0500
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Friday moderation discussion - Starting point
Comments: To: Al Knoll <anasasi@GMAIL.COM>

---- Al Knoll <anasasi@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > In response to a steadily diminishing flurry of requests ... Mike is funnier > in person than the pensionerd. > > To satisfy those who yearn for the gude olde daze, I offer a short trip > report. > > I was but a sapling when Drake hauled ashore for repairs. I was young and > strong when DeAnza first set foot. When gold was discovered, I was tall and > mighty . I have weathered storms, floods, earthquakes, provided succor, > shade and sustenance to those who passed my way be they indians or squirrels > or deer or magpies or jays or bicyclists. My friends were all murdered > recently, now I stand alone against the big machines and the chainsaws, but > I still stand, unmoving, resolute, afraid. Once in a while a kindly fellow > has visited sometimes on his bicycle sometimes in his funny white box. He > spoke for me when others cared not to listen, he stood for me when others > cared not. My distant relative in Tulare was thought to be the top ranking > Valley Oak in California but a recent retally showed that I stand alone as > the mightiest. > > I welcome your visits, Al says I'm only 9 miles from the Capital, along the > garden highway, he visited yesterday and cried.

Al, is this your tree? http://www.sacbee.com/2010/10/30/3143644/levee-project-threatens-landmark.html

Good luck on saving it. Maybe a group of Vanagon drivers could camp around it ad infinitum, along the lines of Butterfly setting up housekeeping in the Coastal Redwood.

Again, good luck. mcneely