Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Mar 2011 12:45:17 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fuel Pump ??????
Comments: To: kgrotz@CRAFTECH.COM

hi, first of all... listen for the fuel pump to run when you turn the key to 'on' ( not to 'start' just to 'on' )

you should hear it hum and then shut off after about 8 seconds or so. if it doesn't hum...it's not working.

then.. go right to the positive terminal of the fuel pump .. and run 12 volts with a jumper wire to it, to see if it will run that way. if runs then... then think about the fuel pump relay. I don't think I have *ever* seen a vanagon fuel pump relay fail.. or one out of 500 vanagons ..if that. a super reliable part .. have to give them credit for that for sure.

you can also access the wire to the fuel pump at the relay .. and also at the right front corner of the engine compartment.

be sure the ground wire for the fuel pump is making good contact. you 'should' check to see what is inside the fuel filter .. empty it out backwards on a clean dish ....see what kind of junk is in it.. and test it for being very restricted.

that will get you started at least. Scott www.turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kurt Grotz" <kgrotz@CRAFTECH.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:32 AM Subject: Fuel Pump ??????