Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 5 Apr 2011 15:21:57 -0700
From:         Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Report: gas mileage, in town, 1.9L AT
Comments: To: Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@Q.COM>

Shift points, this is an auto trans, and it tends to shift too early on grades so I tend to force it into a lower gear manually, and I often drop it into second on city streets to help keep speed under control. 20 mph school zones are severely enforced around here, and for good reason.

Cold engine driving, you bet. The first mile from my house to just about anywhere is mainly down hill, and frequently get to a destination before the engine is warm.

No pianos.