Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 2 Apr 2011 10:27:52 -0700
From:         Don Hundt <dhundt@BENDBROADBAND.COM>
Subject:      Re: More fun with mechanics
Comments: To: Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>

Rocky, Gary is a great mechanic. I'm surprised he couldn't find the problem. I had a persistent clunk in my truck, I put it on a lift and shook everything I could grab, couldn't find the problem. When I put the truck on the ground I shook one of the front shocks and there it was. The hole in the end of the shock was slightly larger than the mounting bolt, every time I went over a bump it would rattle. I couldn't find the problem on the lift because the weight of the suspension hanging in the air was just enough to put tension on the shock. YMMV Don ----- Original Message ----- From: "Rocket J Squirrel" <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, April 02, 2011 9:10 AM Subject: More fun with mechanics