Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 5 Apr 2011 19:24:04 -0700
From:         Oxroad <oxroad@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Go Westy Front floor Mats

I wish WeatherTech made a custom mat for the Vanagon. I have the WeatherTech rubber mats in my non-vanagon car and they're great. they're great because they are deep and have a nice border that helps keep mud, water, dirt and stuff off the carpet. WeatherTech only offers and overpriced cut-to-fit option and with the cutting you lose the deep border which defeats the whole mat.

When it comes to the Vanagon I'd like some GREAT rubber mats that are custom fit with a decent border around the edge to hold in a little water and dirty and mud. I guess WeatherTech doesn't feel there's enough market for Vanagon mats. (they may be right).

To me the choices we have now are pretty basic--more like mats for when you wear dress shoes.

I guess the two choices in a rubber mat are the GoWesty mat with the round indentations and the other mat referred to in this thread as VanCafe mats with the square indents. I think most of the vendors that sell mats sell both although VanCafe beats the price at GoWesty on the "square" mats now with the sale.

Are they're any other style mats out there that fit the bill- like a truck mat, a camping mat, but not an over the top deep dish mat?

Best, Jeff 83.5 Westy LA, CA

They offer a cut-to-fit option for $99