Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 6 Apr 2011 09:49:44 -0500
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: What's in your library?
Comments: To: turbowesty <turbowesty@gmail.com>

Thanks a bunch. mcneely

---- turbowesty <turbowesty@gmail.com> wrote: > The Canadian book is produced by MapArt: > http://mapart.com/store/merchant.ihtml?cid=1&step=2 > They have them by province as well as the national one (702 pages in total, not too big). > > I guess I'll spend a lot of time in google earth, last thing I want is to fill up my Vanagon with that many maps :). I am finding that nps.gov has a lot of useful info. And the Annual Pass sounds like a good deal for getting discounts on camping. > > Regards, Peter Kraiker > nextchapter.kraikerphoto.com > Toronto, ON, Canada > '82 L Westfalia 1.9 TD 5 Spd (Babe) > > > On 2011-04-06, at 10:06 AM, <mcneely4@cox.net> wrote: > > > Best you can do for the U.S. is the separate DeLorme's for the states. When I am on a long trip, that makes for a lot of map books. There is also the _All the Roads of ____________ _ series . It is now available from Mapsco. Again, lots of books on a long trip. But, I believe an equivalent for the entire U.S. would be a volume sufficient to serve as a wheel chock for a jumbo jet, if it were reduced to a resolution similar to that of the OED that I have. If not, it would fill the van. Is not the Canada book rather massive? Would appreciate biblio information, however. > > > > mcneely > > > > ---- turbowesty <turbowesty@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > >> I have a map book of back roads for Canada along with my bentley & iphone. I would love to hear about a similar publication for the US along with one that maps all the national parks. > >> > >> Regards, Peter Kraiker > >> nextchapter.kraikerphoto.com > >> Toronto, ON, Canada > >> '82 L Westfalia 1.9 TD 5 Spd (Babe) > >> >

-- David McNeely