Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 10 Apr 2011 20:46:40 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: I guess if I'm putting on a tencentlife oil cooler . . .
Comments: To: Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>

lol. the wiring diagram is accurate.

your idea will work .. and basically .. there is just one blu/blk wire from your oil pressure switch to T14.. the main connector on the instrument cluster.

if you want to operate a buzzer too .. that could work.

but you're not having an oiil pressure light coming on issue, are you ? Unless you are having that ..like say low enough OP at high temps to make the oil light flicker at idle ...... if you are not having that problem .. it is not likely your oil pressure light is going to come on anyway .. unless say ...it uses or leaks oil and you're lazy about checking oil level.

One should be checking the temp guage .........really .. about once or twice a mintue while driving down the highway, on a waterboxer vanagon.

like part of your regular scan .....

look in the rear view mirror, look all around out in front of you, check speedometer.. check coolant temp and warning lights...

over and over while you drive down the highway.

if you are checking the coolant temp quite often like one should in a wbxr vanagon .. you'll see the oil warning light if it's on, which is farily unlikely unless there is a real problem, or perhaps thin oil in high summer temps.

scott ----- Original Message ----- From: "Rocket J Squirrel" <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2011 8:48 AM Subject: Re: I guess if I'm putting on a tencentlife oil cooler . . .