Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 8 Apr 2011 10:33:58 -0700
From:         Al Knoll <anasasi@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Insurance shenanigans.

Part 1.

>>> Dear Mr. Knoll, Per our earlier conversation, Bodycraft Collision Center is not comfortable completing the repairs to your vehicle and have stated that there may be further damage to the undercarriage that is not written on the current estimate. Any further damage or labor will result in your vehicle being deemed a total loss. We want to resolve this as amicably as possible in accordance with your personal automobile policy. Please refer to your California Personal Automobile Policy, Form 8550, Page 19 of 27, Part D - Coverage For Damage To Your Auto: LIMIT OF LIABILITY A. Our limit of liability for loss will be the lesser of the: 1. Actual cash value of the stoler or damaged property; or 2. Amount necessary to repair or replace the property with other property of like kind and quality.

At this time, we would consider two options to resolve this claim: 1. The vehicle would be deemed a total loss and we would issue payment to you according to the owner retain salvage settlement figures below: Total Loss Calculations for CALIFORNIA - Owner Retains ACV: (+) $1,117.00 Sales Tax: (+) $97.74 UPD: (-) $26.79 Sub Total: $1,187.95 Total Fees: (+) $18.00 Salvage: (-) $0.00 Deductible: (-) $250.00 Net Total: $955.95

2. If you did not want the vehicle to be totaled, we would issue payment to you in the amount of $937.95. This payment was derived by taking the actual cash value above ($1117.00) plus taxes ($97.74) less the unrelated prior damage @ 10% ($26.79) and less your deductible ($250.00). This payment will be considered a full and final settlement payment. As Bodycraft Collision Center will not complete the repairs, we would pay for a reasonable tow to another repair facility or back to your residence.

After you have had time to review this information, please call me at the number below. Donald Behner Claim Supervisor 800-811-4832 x43497 Hartford Casualty Insurance Company PS regarding your glass only claim: We are trying to locate a windshield for your vehicle. At this time it is our understanding that a neither a new or used windshield can be located. Once we have more information on the availability of a windshield from your part's supplier in Washington, Mike, we will discuss this matter further. <<<