Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2011, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 16 Apr 2011 11:08:53 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: rear bearing replacement
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@turbovans.com>

Scott,

didn't I say that I tapped the both bearings into the housing with dead blow mallet (and brake caliper piston as drift)?

Might be in the rest of the post to be completed.

Anyway, they were a tight fit.

as to the brake cyl connection, yes, it will come down to removing the cyl to allow connection. I had no luck with backing plate loose.

alistair