Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2011, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Apr 2011 21:44:05 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: CV Joints (as long as we are discussing it)
Comments: To: Jeff Schwaia <vw.doka@GMAIL.COM>

A properly packed CV joint should not have any grease in the boot at all.

Dennis

Be careful about overfilling the CV boots. The grease expands and contracts due to temperature and will prematurely wear out you boots (or pop them!).

Back in my racing days, we put vents on the CV boots to help prevent them from popping during the race.

Of course we were also running leather CV boots and micro stubs with 22" of travel...

Cheers,

Jeff