Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2011, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 20 Apr 2011 09:00:40 -0500
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: starbrite  star-tron enzyme fuel treatment
Comments: To: VWBrain@aol.com

---- VWBrain@aol.com wrote: > > In a message dated 4/19/2011 7:32:55 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, > mcneely4@COX.NET writes: > > They catalyze the transfer of mullah from the gullible buyer's wallet to > the gleeful seller's bank account. That is considered a biochemical > reaction in business circles. mcneely > > LOL sounds about right david,but does not give a good answer. What would > YOU recommend to put in gas when storing a vehicle such as a vanagon or 2 > stroke boat motor??? Later mark dearing

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I use Sta-bil for my mower. Fairly inexpensive, and works. I don't know about vehicular use, though it should work.

So far as answering Mr. Squirrel's query, the stuff's web site says it "breaks up large fuel molecules." I also addressed that in the same earlier post, pointing out that that's what the combustion process does. Of course, since the large fuel molecules are hydrocarbons, and in the case of diesel (or gasoline for that matter, though the problem is less pronounced there), breaking them up prior to combustion is undesirably done by contaminant organisms that should be removed by filtration, the whole promotion material for this stuff puzzles me. But, maybe recontamination is a problem in diesel fuel stored in a vehicle fuel tank for a long time.

I'm just very leery of any product that is extolled with so much hype, and so little actual information about how it is supposed to work. Naptha definitely will not do any of the things claimed, and enzymes? What enzymes, by name, and what do they actually catalyze? Proprietary organic compounds is precious little to go on.

Sta-Bil works for me, but I don't use it in my Vanagon, because I don't let it sit that long. Month or so at most. -- mcneely