Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2011, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 15 Apr 2011 12:21:22 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Can a Manual Steering Rack Fail Internally?
Comments: To: neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>

the only manual steering rack 'failure' I have seen is the bushings on the outer ends can wear, so the end of the geared track can move up/down up to an eighth of inch there, which translates to steering play at the wheel. Other than that , I have never seen one seize, or strip out or anything like that. Quite a nicely made part I think - last forever if everything else is maintained... like shocks, alignment, and tire balance and roundness.

----- Original Message ----- From: "neil n" <musomuso@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, April 15, 2011 10:35 AM Subject: Can a Manual Steering Rack Fail Internally?