Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 22 Apr 2011 17:39:19 -0700
From:         Old Volks Home <oldvolkshome@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Friday GPS for iPhone
Comments: To: James Felder <jim.felder@gmail.com>

Earphones may be legal where you drive, but strictly verboten in California (except a single earbud for Bluetooth or hands-free cell phone). And the cops/CHP are on a ramped-up rampaging enforcement for the past few weeks writing up cell phone users not using hands-free.

Driver(s) Beware :)

FWIW & YMMV -- Jim Thompson 84 GL 1.9 "Gloria" 84 Westfalia 2.1 "Ole Putt" 72 411 Station Wagon "Pug" 75 914 1.8 "Nancy" Full Timing Since March 1999 oldvolkshome@gmail.com http://www.oldvolkshome.com *********************************** On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 3:45 PM, James Felder <jim.felder@gmail.com> wrote: > I misplaced the original so here's a new thread. I use the iPhone gps professionally (maps and guidebooks and the like) and I have replaced my garmin (good riddance to them and their ilk), tomtom, camera, phone and iPod with this device. The integration is phenomenal; the photos are geotagged so you can see where you took them on a map. > > May I suggest motionX gps. Gps kit is harder to use but higher rated; it has stupid features that make you look up a waypoint to see the name instead of reading it on a map. > > If you like to do trails and see where you've been with milemarkers on map you can share by email, may I suggest the excellent app Cyclemeter. > > Write me If you have any questions. > > For driving directions the free app from mapquest is hard to beat at any price. I like the way I can drive along with Rhe phone on a windshield mount using the earphones listening to a book or music. When a turn comes up, the music is turned down and a voice comes on and announces the turn, then the music resumes. > > Jim