Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 24 Apr 2011 19:52:00 -0700
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Buying a Van - Parts in L.A.
Comments: To: Daniel Rotblatt <d.rotblatt@verizon.net>

dear dan new guy

get your self the bently and find someone who has a copy of etka for sale there was an online version that was some-sort of europeon site that worked really well i know i sent a link around .. hmm let me look ... yes here it is http://www.vagcat.com/epc/cat/vw/T2/ on line etka the parts catalog it takes some time to learn it ... if you use windows then keep asking for a version you can install at home ... these are bootleg and only work on windows

ok next is the fellow who sells bus stuff for 5$ on ebay ...supposed to be everything bus well i bought it and what it is is a sun micro systems electronic search for garages that employ the old sun microsystems diagnostic tools stuff i there for sure and very useful including recall information (at least on the disk i bought if i was doing more work on my van it would be more worthwhile (everything i drive is only 10-15 years younger then my wife and i am fifty .... so when i get more serious on repairs on the vehicles i will use the software more ... currently it is not a priority in my life and stuff i have had to fix has all been in haynes or bently

some stuff is still made by vw some is not ... some of the guys on this list who do lots of repairs make orders to germany and also offer listees to include their needs in the order

some guys have yards full of vans and will sell parts reasonably some guys buy vans for self and part out the rest of the parts

i have used gowesty and several other vendors (they all mail out stuff right to their door) if i lived in a large metropoliton area like you i would soon have a relationship built with the local vw parts shop and that would lead me into the vw community ...i have seen people who own vanagon make use of a mechanic and not know anything about repairs i have seen guys (and known guys who rebuild all from the ground up for me the vw van (my first a 1969 ) was my first real mechanical success and it changed my mechanical life i now have the mechanical confidence to do nearly any repair on the R & R side of things ...an engine rebuild might be next who knows i am starting to collect blocks form breakdowns /.... lol take care sorry to ramble regards

-- roger w From Proverbs: Under three things the earth trembles, under four it cannot bear up: a servant who becomes king ... ---------------------------------------------------------- Explore printed work at: http://www.prliving.ca/ View the growing list of video work at: http://www.prpeak.com/articles/2010/11/29/multimedia/video/doc4c62e5f80d228504902172.txt