Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2011, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 29 Apr 2011 16:14:26 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Can't find the jack
Comments: To: Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>

hi .. it's a vanagon jack ? more like it's a jack built to work on a vanagon.

I do see the advantages you mention. if it works well, great.

minor issue to me is how it starts out with very poor leverage .. then it gets better the higher the jack gets. A vertical screw jack has the same leverage the whole way.

I just never found any reason to think the stock vertical screw type jack is funky or weak in any way. I often carry a small scissors jack as a back up or 2nd jack, like on major trips.. but other than that, I like the stock ones just fine. And they don't take up much room in the van.

whatever works that people are happy with !

Scott

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alistair Bell" <albell@SHAW.CA> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2011 4:36 PM Subject: Re: Can't find the jack