Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 2 May 2011 12:03:44 -0400
From:         Gregg Carlen <gregg.carlen@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Alarm choices: was Today somebody got into my van
Comments: To: Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>

I agree with everyone about false alarms. In the past I really only set car alarms when I'm leaving the vehicle unattended someplace that is 'less than safe' (very subjective).

Most of the time I don't use an alarm, but it's nice to have when I do need it.

I have to agree with the signs/alarm stickers/blue light/disabling concept. I'm not terribly worried about the van being stolen as much as I am about things being taken or the 'violation' of a break in (like happened with my 85 Westy in NYC awhile back.

Gregg 90 Westy