Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 3 May 2011 08:44:07 -0700
From:         mark drillock <mdrillock@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Baja trip, no headlights.....
Comments: To: Joel VanderKwaak <joelvanderkwaak@GMAIL.COM>

Yes I got the beer, but not in my van. I left out a few details.

As I was unhooking the van battery a local guy insisted on giving me a ride to get the beer right away. I got in his truck warily, and found the seat belt didn't work. He got in the other side holding two fresh beers and handed me one, not bothering to even try his seat belt. I didn't open mine and he didn't really need his but of course he drank it as we went. He drove down the deserted highway a bit like a madman, too fast, weaving some, and I had whitish knuckles. In 5 minutes that seemed like 20 we got to the little tienda and he pulled up in front facing the wrong way on the dirt shoulder. We had slid to a stop, nose to nose with THE COPS! They were big and burly, wearing hard faces as well as sidearms, standing between their SUV and the little store. I nervously jumped out and went in for some cold Pacificos, thinking that at best I would have to walk the 5 miles back. When I stepped back out with my arms full my driver was standing with the cops and they seemed be joking around like old friends. Away we went, back to the party.

Mark

Joel VanderKwaak wrote: > Did you get the beer? > >