Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 1 May 2011 08:24:55 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Starter One more time!!
Comments: To: C Snyder <titantic01@AOL.COM>

Is the starter the correct version. There is an early-late. The later has slightly more power.

Bad cables, excessive voltage drop under load is easily checked with a voltmeter. A current meter will also confirm the starter is working properly or if there is a mechanical issue. If you can't measure it you can't diagnose it.

When it does start is there any sign of something else wrong? Smoking, (fuel, water) getting into cylinder? Does it knock or ping under load, (over advanced ignition timing)?

Battery charge, condition?

Dennis