Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 May 2011 11:33:21 -0400
From:         Gregg Carlen <gregg.carlen@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      AC shops in Northern VA?

I'm behind schedule and have to get my AC working on my 90 Westy before summer traveling.

The PO pulled the AC condenser for some reason during a radiator replacement and didn't put it back, leaving the system open,

I'm planning to do most of the work myself in terms of parts replacement, but have an AC shop test for leaks and charge the system.

My first step us to drop the gas tank this weekend and pull the AC hoses (replacing the gas tank grommets with a BD kit).

I figure I'll take the hoses to a local AC shop and tell them to make me a set 'just like these'. Question is, where? Can anyone recommend an AC shop in the Northern Virginia area?

By the way, any suggestions for draining the tank to near-empty? Unfortunately, it's full and I'd rather not be pulling it with all that weight, not to mention the safety considerations.

Gregg 90 Westy