Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2011, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 19 May 2011 08:00:57 -0400
From:         Derek Drew <derekdrew@DEREKMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: A Little Help with Rims

The wheels are out of stock and we are trying to make a huge production run of them this coming fall, but we don't have a production date yet.

I do plan to email everyone who has emailed me about their availability to notify them once I know for sure that they have been manufactured and are on their way to the boat.

This time, I anticipate that there will be shipping from both the east and west coasts, which should keep shipping costs down.

If anybody has a set of these rims that they want to sell, I have a buyer here in DC locally who has offered $300 per wheel (!!!) for used ones.

Once the new ones come in, the price should be somewhere around $200 each new, maybe a little less.

At 06:33 AM 5/19/2011, you wrote: >Maybe shipping costs will kill the deal but this might be an option, >although 16" >http://users.rcn.com/derekdrew/vanagon/All_About_16-Wheels_And_The_CV_900.htm > >Karl > > >On Thursday, May 19, 2011, Nik Maravich <nikmaravich@gmail.com> wrote: > > HI Everyone > > > > Well, My 87 GL is almost out of the Paint Shop and I am having no > luck finding a nice set of 15" Rims for her. I was going to settle > for the Rheins, tho not my favorite wheel, but when I was finally > ready everyone was sold out. Just my luck. My favorite whee is > the CLK320 wheel and the Mercedes Style wheel. That being the > case, my only options is either getting the ET23 Eurolook rims sold > by Van Cafe or GoWesty or the same rim with a higher offset from > The Tire Rack. I have read a lot about the ET23 Rims and I am > still confused. I know they sell a lot of these rims but after > reading various forums, some love them and some hate them. The > Chief complaint I have read is that because of the offset the rims > stick out and throw up rocks dirt etc on the side of the van. If I > buy the rims from The Tire Rack, I can get the hardware to get them > to the Ideal offset but that can get pretty expensive. The Rims > are $109.00 each plus the hardware, spacers, Longer Wheel Studs etc > will run around $300.00. When you add in the shipping and the > cost to have them mounted that almost doubles the price. So my > questions are: Does anyone have a nice set of alloys with or > without tires for sale. Also, Has anyone bought the ET23 Van Cafe > or GoWesty rims and if so do u like them? Thanx in Advance. > > > > Nik Maravich > >

_______________________________________________ Derek Drew Founder, ConsumerSearch.com Washington DC / New York derekdrew@derekmail.com 202-966-7907 (Call the number at left normally) (alt/cell for diligent calling only): 703-408-1532