Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 23 May 2011 11:44:03 -0700
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Auto Trans Modified Governor Test Report [addendum]
Comments: To: Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>

My Turbo Subie powered 84 GL with AT governor mods was generating so much extra heat that it destroyed the seal between the final drive and trans section before I acquired the van. It now sports an external cooler with a fan. Others have argued that the fan is not needed. Fellows like TerryK just sell scoops supposedly adequate to the task. I am happy to have the extra cooling especially whilst idling in traffic.

My cooler sits aft of the area below the sliding door.

BenT

sent from my electronic leash