Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 23 May 2011 21:47:54 -0700
From:         Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@Q.COM>
Subject:      Re: gas pedal > accelerator linkage question
Comments: To: Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>

I was driving with a mobility boot, or lack of mobility, due to a ruptured achilles last year. Left side, but I can imagine.

Karl Wolz

|-----Original Message----- |From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] |On Behalf Of Rocket J Squirrel |Sent: Monday, May 23, 2011 6:26 PM |To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM |Subject: Re: gas pedal > accelerator linkage question | |The issue is not the angle of the dangle, the issue is that |the pedal needs more range of motion, from idle to |WOT+kickdown, than my fused ankle can provide. | |Try driving with a downhill ski boot on your right foot and |see how well that works. | |On Mon, 2011-05-23 at 17:23 -0700, Karl Wolz wrote: | |> Why not just screw a wooden (or other material) wedge to the top of |> the pedal, rather than playing with the linkage? |> |> Karl Wolz |> |> |> |> |-----Original Message----- |> |From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] |> |On Behalf Of Rocket J Squirrel |> |Sent: Monday, May 23, 2011 3:16 PM |> |To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM |> |Subject: gas pedal > accelerator linkage question |> | |> |I'm looking at modifying the gas pedal linkage so I can get more |> |cable action with less ankle action (I'm the guy with the |fused right |> |ankle). |> | |> |Bentley page 20.23 shows the relevant bits. |> | |> |Can someone tell me how the lower end of the Push Rod is |captured in |> |the upper hole of the Relay Lever? |> | |> |I have the cover off and am peering at the assembly and it |just kind |> |of looks like the end of the push rod is all kind of mashed and |> |mooshed there. Can the two parts be easily separated or is it some |> |kind of factory squeeze job? |> | |> |-- |> |Rocky J Squirrel |> |'84 Westfalia: Mellow Yellow ("The Electrical Banana") |> |'74 Westrailia: (Ladybug Trailer company, San Juan Capistrano, |> |Calif.) Bend, OR KG6RCR |> | |> |----- |> |No virus found in this message. |> |Checked by AVG - www.avg.com |> |Version: 10.0.1375 / Virus Database: 1509/3655 - Release Date: |> |05/23/11 |> | |----- |No virus found in this message. |Checked by AVG - www.avg.com |Version: 10.0.1375 / Virus Database: 1509/3655 - Release Date: |05/23/11