Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 May 2011 14:41:50 -0400
From:         David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Fwd: Westfalia refrigerator issues
Comments: To: mcneely4@COX.NET

At 02:19 PM 5/23/2011, Dave Mcneely wrote: >8. Hold the igniter switch down. >9. Pump the pump for the propane mode several times. My burner is >in good shape. After a half a dozen pumps, I release the igniter >switch and the green led on the cabinet glows. The propane burner is lit.

This part refers to the RM182C fridge with electronic ignition board, only on very late-model Westys. For the rest, there's a piezo spark igniter that operates with a click at the bottom of the air pump stroke (if you shove on it, which I do every stroke). The button you hold down is like any gas appliance, it holds the gas valve open until the thermocouple is hot enough to do the job. As I recall (been a while) this one takes a fair while to heat up; but when the panel LED (panel must be turned on) has gotten as bright as it's going to it's safe to let go of the button.

Yrs, d