Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 26 May 2011 07:44:40 -0700
From:         Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Place to mount shackles?
Comments: To: Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>

Yep yep yep, makes sense to me.

Following along with the idea of drilling down through the front bumper, the body, then out the bottom bumper to mount a shackle a la Gary Lee's winch mounting scheme, I have been looking for shackle mounting blocks or plates. While strong shackles can be got for not much money, the mounting blocks/plates I've found so far have been quite spendy.

This is moving away from Vanagon stuff, but does anyone know of affordable decent mounting blocks?

-- RJS