Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 26 May 2011 14:47:57 -0700
From:         Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@Q.COM>
Subject:      Re: Where can this wire be found?
Comments: To: Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>

I've only had one bad one in close to a million Vanagon miles. Seems that bad ones come in batches; I've heard folks complain about replacing a bad one with a brand new bad one.

Karl Wolz

|-----Original Message----- |From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] |On Behalf Of Rocket J Squirrel |Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2011 1:51 PM |To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM |Subject: Re: Where can this wire be found? | |Indeed it is brown. Wraps up the front of the L head, under |the fuel rails, twists a couple times around that bunch of |grounding wires that bolt to the head, then hits a little |connector and turns into the blue/black wire. | |Thanks for the tip. | |Speaking of tips, ALL the wires look brown with a thin coating |of central Oregon dust on them. A bit of Windex (all I had) |washes them and the colors pop out. | |Well, THERE'S your problem. The oil pressure lamp on the dash |does not come on because the op switch does not close with no |oil pressure. Short that blue/black wire to frame and Hey |Presto! the lamp comes on. | |I gotta pull the tin anyway, wonder what I'll find. Those |pressure switches fail much? | |-- RJS | |On Thu, 2011-05-26 at 12:48 -0700, Scott Daniel - Turbovans wrote: | |> it might be brown where it's on the engine. |> the left forward cylinder area ..cyl # 3. |> Between bell housing and exhaust pipe there .. |> you should see a single wire. |> Brown there I believe. |> turns to blue/black in the electrical junction box. |> |> scott |> www.turbovans.com |> ----- Original Message ----- |> From: "Rocket J Squirrel" <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM> |> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> |> Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2011 8:11 AM |> Subject: Where can this wire be found? |> |> |> > On the watercooled 1.9L ('83, 84) vanagon, can the oil pressure |> > switch wire (blue with black stripe, bentley p. 97.56, |current track |> > number 29) be accessed from the top of the engine compartment, and |> > if so, where the dickens is it? |> > |> > |> > -- |> > Rocky J Squirrel |> > (Whose sig could mention that he hates climbing under the van, but |> > doesn't) |> | |----- |No virus found in this message. |Checked by AVG - www.avg.com |Version: 10.0.1375 / Virus Database: 1509/3661 - Release Date: |05/26/11