Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 27 May 2011 06:50:30 -0700
From:         Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Anything like this for 1.9L?
Comments: To: Jeff Schwaia <vw.doka@gmail.com>

Thanks, Jeff. I wanted to look at that diagram of the cooling setup. The Gowesty external ATF cooler kit has you attaching the two ends of the now-unused coolant hoses together and they are presently dangling down next to the transaxle in an unattractive and sloppy way. In order to simplify the setup* I thought I might just remove them and cap them off with some kind of cap which I have not yet figured out.**

The diagram shows that I would not be removing some important coolant path. Since there is no separate drawing for the manual transmission cooling system for the same years I bet that using a little White-Out on the diagram on 19.10 to remove the ATF loop would result in the cooling diagram for the manual transmission version.

=============== * Simpler is better. In the face of a zombie attack one does not need to deal with superannuated hoses.

** Suggestions for this?

-- Rocky J Squirrel

On Thu, 2011-05-26 at 23:24 -0700, Jeff Schwaia wrote: > You can try this one: > > http://www.vanagonparts.com/cooling_refill.html > > It's kind of Vanagon generic. > > Cheers, > > Jeff > > > -----Original Message----- > From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On Behalf Of Rocket J Squirrel > Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2011 10:53 PM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Anything like this for 1.9L? > > Looking for a diagram like this but for the 1.9L Vanagon: > > <http://www.benplace.com/cooling_system_flow.htm> > > -- RJS > (Reference to the imminent zombie apocalypse have been removed from this > sig for reasons of politeness) >