Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 22 May 2011 16:41:58 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Overfilling the oil issues
Comments: To: Robert Stewart <robertmstewart@MAC.COM>

I would get the level down to between the marks right away. Too high oil level can cause long term shortening of engine life. there may not be any immediate symptoms... but too high oil can sure shorten engine life.

maybe it was the drain plug ..and a new engine shouldn't use a drop of oil for a long, long time. As engines go ... waterboxers are generally quite good about not using oil much at all.

Scott

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Stewart" <robertmstewart@MAC.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2011 4:15 PM Subject: Re: Overfilling the oil issues