Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 27 May 2011 18:08:22 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Torque spec that requires calibrated fingers
Comments: To: Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>

for sure can't have only one thread of engagement. but don't go tapping. tapered thread right ? turn it in until there's some resistance. don't use teflon tape on the threads...as that's an electrical connection - the OP switch has to make ground in the engine block. you should get 4 turns maybe.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rocket J Squirrel" <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, May 27, 2011 5:37 PM Subject: Re: Torque spec that requires calibrated fingers