Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 28 May 2011 16:20:42 -0800
From:         Troy <colorworks@GCI.NET>
Subject:      Re: Pop top issue
Comments: To: Thomas Buese <tombuese@comcast.net>

Hi Tom.

Sorry buddy, didn't mean to offend. You have a great little invention there. When I attach my shelf it seemed to flatten out the center bar, which consequently made the distance between the struts greater. This in turn caused the left side of the struts to rub against the side walls. I tried forcing it over, only to crack my skylight housing. Yeah, I know I should not have been doing that with the top down--dumb move on my part.

Something is definitely askew with my poptop, so I seriously doubt it's related to your shelf, but it does exacerbate the situation. I tend to do most of my cooking outside, so rarely use the shelf anyway or forget it's there! I'm laughing to myself here as I just went camping last weekend and had stuff all over the place and probably could have made good use of it . Totally forgot it was there!

Perhaps somebody else can get some use out of it . I have 2 stainless steel bars with it as well, which I never did get around to installing. This is one of these inventions that sounded great in theory, but in reality rarely got used in my case. Again, no reflection on the design. I actually think it's rather clever.

Troy

----- Original Message ----- From: Thomas Buese To: Troy Cc: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2011 3:59 PM Subject: Re: Pop top issue