Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2011, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 29 May 2011 15:21:43 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Brakes problems
Comments: To: John Jensen <bluesbug@VERIZON.NET>

re Just seemed worth the effort to give the old one a shot."

Totally reasonable to try to get some more service out of a not-dead-yet part. Though with a brake MC ... it's a pretty critical part.

and look what you learned now .. you're better at changing an MC, and you know not to stroke a used one all the way to the floor. Well worth the time spent.

two other tips .. I like a tiny dab of grease on the end of the push rod that sticks into the MC to operate it ..don't want metal to metal contact there. and be sure the o-ring is in place at the front end of the MC where it bolts onto the booster.

you can check down inside the booster for any old brake fluid too. there shouldn't be any really. Scott www.turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Jensen" <bluesbug@VERIZON.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, May 29, 2011 1:39 PM Subject: Re: Brakes problems