Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 4 Jun 2011 09:33:00 -0400
From:         Ken Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Any interest in a 5 speed Vanagon transmission?

I have a 5 speed 2wd Vanagon transmission that is in good used condition. It is a drop in replacement for the 4 speed manual transmission that was used in the gasoline powered Vanagon from 84-91. The fifth gear is like an overdrive and will drop your final highway rpms allowing for less engine noise at speed and also should result in better mpg on the flats. This transmission is a good used one imported from Germany and was tested before it was pulled to ensure that it is in good working condition. I am asking $1700 plus shipping. Shipping would be between $100 and $200 depending on where you are located in relation to the East Coast. So if you were in California or Washington State it would be $200. If you have always felt your Vanagon needed another gear, this is what you have been waiting for! If you have a more powerful engine then this would be a great way to squeeze a bit more mpg out of it or reduce engine noise on long trips.

This is a first come, first served thing. If you are interested email me and I will try to answer any additional questions you may have. I would not wait, because who ever emails me first saying they want it, is going to get first pick.

Thanks, Ken Wilford John 3:16 www.vanagain.com