Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 Jun 2011 09:56:49 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Wheels upgrade
Comments: To: Jeff Schwaia <vw.doka@GMAIL.COM>

Yes, perfectly. I'll send some pictures to those who want..

Dennis

Hey Dennis,

Does the center cap fit on those wheels when mounted on a 2WD Vanagon (front)?

Cheers,

Jeff

I now have a source for 17" wheels which combined with 225/55-17XL tires makes for an ideal combination for the Vanagon. AT type tires are typically less than ideal for the 2wd Vanagon. This 17 tire size has many options for the extra load rating we want and high performance summer, all season, and dedicated winter tire options. These can also use the factory alloy lug nuts/bolts but Tuner Spline hardware is a better fit due to socket clearance and they will bolt right on. The offset is 25mm and load rating is 2,200 pounds. If you want to Google the wheel is an American Racing AR95T.

Dennis