Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Jun 2011 11:48:06 -0400
From:         craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: is there a resource to find out cost of labor?
Comments: To: T Collins <tonycollin@gmail.com>

the rear brake cylinders are pretty standard of any rear brake job. They're cheap, and they're easy too do. If the bus isn't rusty, I bet they just want to do the backing plates for the labor of it. I've only ever seen one bus have a backing plate rust off. The backing plates are a bit job. A "big nut job" to be exact. The backing plates do very little. They are there too hold the brake pins on. Even with holes in the plates, if the section holding the brake pins and brake cylinders in place are fine, the plates will hold. However, if it is getting rusty, and you plan to keep the van "forever", new parts may be needed.

-Craig Sent from sea via iPad Please excuse any issues.