Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 11 Jun 2011 11:42:11 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: The Dreaded Emissions test
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>

re the mechanic tested the engine cold"

This is very odd, if it's doing an emissions test. In all cases of emissions testing for as far back as I can remember.. the testing is done on a warm engine, and you want the engine as warm as you can get it for the test. Like............don't shut off the engine if waiting in line for an emissions test. As warm as you can get it. and .....I have never heard of testing emissions on a cold engine. Be nice to see what the warm readings are.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis Haynes" <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, June 10, 2011 1:18 PM Subject: Re: The Dreaded Emissions test

With those numbers he needs to start with compression / leak down test. Then look for ignition or lean miss fire. Then basic settings such as ignition timing. Dennis