Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 11 Jun 2011 13:34:26 -0700
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: can't register my Vanagon, Calif madness, LVC
Comments: To: Oxroad <oxroad@GMAIL.COM>

Let's defer further venting until next Friday.

Just to correct some of the misinformation below;)

1) Jeff, our in dash VIN is used to write you parking tickets. How else do you think they will write a ticket for no plates like I got this morning? Dealer name helps ID the car. Dealer is supposed to be able to ID you. You get temp sticker (white tag on your windshield). No plate can be risk of getting stopped even if your white sticker is still good. Only red sticker likely avoids that.

2) Please Google 'Proposition 13' or pmail me. I work as a Realtor in California when I can't find any Vanagon mail to read. Your taxes still go up. This fixed the problem of getting your taxes increased everytime someone sells a house in your neighborhood. Saved a lot of retired folks from losing their homes due to tax increase.

3) Chris, when someone steals your tags, they can still ticket you. Then you have to buy new tags. Only then can you have the 'fix it' ticket signed off but still have to pay your City's administrative fee. So they fail to prevent your tags from getting stolen, then you have to pay.;-( Happened to my other Vanagon last month.

BenT Mod

sent from my electronic leash