Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 11 Jun 2011 13:40:51 -0700
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Rear Side window slider now at GoWesty
Comments: To: Oxroad <oxroad@gmail.com>

Yes, SA vans could be purchased with sliders on the rearmost window on both sides. Sliders cutting people's arms off must not factor large in RSA.

And yes, on small window vans got them too.

BTW, there's a fellow on the Samba who benT and rewelded a slider to fit the early windows too. That takes a lot more skill. Problem is angle of the D-pillar. The bottom radius has to be closed tighter and the upper wider. It's obviously possible to do. I've tried a few years ago. It's beyond my skill set.

BenT

sent from my stationary rear windows