Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 12 Jun 2011 01:07:07 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 84 Westy Fuel Pump Problem
Comments: To: "Nirav V. Patel [USA]" <goodbhai@GMAIL.COM>

The fuel pump running for a short time after the ignition is turned is not a design feature. It is a glitch. In order for the pump to run the ECU needs to see the pulses from the distributor turning. Depending on distributor position turning the key on will often give a pulse (accompanied by a spark), and this will cause the pump to run briefly. If the pump runs while the engine is turning then all is good. No reason to go further.

Dennis