Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 12 Jun 2011 05:17:15 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: The Dreaded Emissions test
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

Thank you, good explaination.

I often question the intelligence of our government's attempts to fix or modulate some of the problems that we have. The way the US and the various states have legi$lated in regards to motor vehicles is particularly hard to believe, at times.

I will say that California HAS reduced their smog problem since I lived there full time many years ago. They just seem to go about it thinking mainly about what the big business interests say they will accept. With all the money that gets spent on smog legislation and enforcement and 'band-aid' fixes like Cat converters and EGRs, a more Euro approach might have been a whole lot more sensible...

A decent public transport system, nation-wide. Then, when we run out of petroleum, we would have an already existing way to get to work or go visit Grandma. Small effective cars like are sold in the rest of the world..that would help too. And perhaps a little birth control...too many people is really the cause of all our problems, but no one dares mention that.

It's a fact that the average speed of each automobile on the LA freeway system is just 18mph...Millions of individual autos, day after day, going back and forth at ~18mph, idling in Grid Lock...That makes no sense....except to the oil lobby, I guess.

Don Hanson