Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 14 Jun 2011 18:38:28 -0400
From:         Mike <mbucchino@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: odometer fixed
Comments: To: Daniel Rotblatt <d.rotblatt@VERIZON.NET>

Not the gap between the gears, but between the teeth! The cracked-through gear ends up having a gap between two of its teeth. This causes problems meshing as the wider-spaced teeth begin engaging with the good other gear.

Mike B.

-----Original Message----- From: Daniel Rotblatt Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 5:14 PM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: odometer fixed

Zoltan,

I don't see why there should be a change in the gap between the gears in this case. The gear that's sliding (due to a crack on one side of it) is on the end of the shaft outside of the housing that the cluster of gears is in. It and the worm gear are the only two gears sitting out there. Once in place it should move the worm gear just fine.

Dan Los Angeles, CA '85 Westy Weekender