Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 Jun 2011 08:46:04 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: pop top painting finished
Comments: To: Chris S <szpejankowski@GMAIL.COM>

I agree about concerns on how the velcro will work. I may use some thin battens to spring a curve on the insulation, and some edge strips

on pop top to hold the insulation in place around the edges and hope the velcro will work holding the battens in place in the middle.

And yes, wonder about any moisture trapping spaces between roof and insulation. Having it removable is a compromise made to facilitate cleaning.

Its all undiscovered country for me Chris, sort of making up as I go along.

alistair