Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2011, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 16 Jun 2011 17:33:30 -0700
From:         Oxroad <oxroad@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Another Good Experience With Crutchfield
Comments: To: Loren Busch <starwagen@gmail.com>

Thanks Loren. I appreciate your post on this.

It reminded me that my last Sony unit from Crutchfield for my Vanagon technically did not fit the Vanagon according to Crutchfield's specs.

In those days though, they listed the dimensions of all the units they sold on their website and I measured and "thought" I could fit the unit which I could.

I was just perusing Crutchfield this week and thinking "nothing fits the Vanagon"?

But I'll give them a call with the model of my old Sony unit (CDX-4160) and find the dimensions and what will fit. I too want to upgrade to a unit that will easily play tunes from my iPod.

I've used Crutchfield for years on all my cars and I recommend them too. Even if they're a few bucks more than some other place they have a well-informed staff and the direct hook up/ adapter kit for all the cars I ever had.

Incidentally the link in your email to the Pioneer didn't work for me, but maybe the problem is on my end. The link me to a page that said, "No products match."

Best, Jeff 83.5 Westy LA,CA