Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2011, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 17 Jun 2011 00:01:32 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      It still is a fair deal - that AAZ
Comments: To: Jason <uberhare@GMAIL.COM>

I'd pay $ 1,200 for a complete used AAZ engine .. that's a fine deal.. even if it needs work.

and most used VW engines need work on them anyway , even going through , unless they are fairly fresh on a rebuild. .... like say 50K on a rebuild .or 70K maybe.

mostly though ....they need work anyway. and $ 1,200 for a 'complete' aaz that's not blown .. that's not an unfair deal at all .

I just had to share about this one 'aaz from hell' I call it, that I dealt with. it went on forever... It ran when purchased .......but it would've very likely blown without going through it.

yeah.......lol.........on this engine I now have runinng .. just about every part on it ........was tired, corroded, or had something wrong with it. Perhaps it was an exteme case. And it started as a 2,500 dollar 'good used engine' since it was 'a little rusty' .

They're great engines for what they are. Quite toyota like, almost, for a pre-chamber VW TD engine.

so it's not a bad deal at all, Didn't mean to make it sound like it's something other than that. The price is plenty low enough. I've paid $ 3,000 for the same engine before. So factor that in .. and they often really need work anyway.

scott