Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2011, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 17 Jun 2011 14:20:24 +0000
From:         J Stewart <fonman4277@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Speaking of Good Experiences...

Tire Rack. Bought 4 Kuhmo tires from them back in March and within 3 weeks picked up a nail in one of them, too close to the edge to plug. I was really bummed at the idea of having to buy another tire, but when I called Tire Rack to order a replacement I found I had road hazard insurance from Kuhmo. Tire Rack immediately shipped me a new tire and a prepaid Fed Ex shipping label to return the damaged tire. Sent it back and within 24 hours had a credit for the new tire. The ONLY problem I've had with Tire Rack are their "approved" installers who seem quite nasty over the fact that you did not purchase the tires from them. They also try to charge a much higher mount and balance fee unless you have a printed copy of what they agreed to charge. Speaking of Crutchfield, many years ago (1980's) I bought an alarm system from them, and it did not work. When I called for "technical assistance" the guy asked "Is the fuse blown" NO. "Is the ground wire connected?" YES. At that point I asked him "Are you reading from the troubleshooting guide that comes with the alarm?" His answer was yes. I asked him if he had any other suggestions besides that, because I had already followed that. He said no. I sent it back. A couple of years later my then brother-in-law was hired by them in their technical assistance department. I found this very amusing, because this was a guy who absolutely did not know his a** from his elbow. He admitted that he reads from the troubleshooting guide that comes with a product and beyond that tells the customer to send the item back. That said, this is not a slam on Crutchfield, I've ordered other stuff from them since and they are a great company to do business with. Jeff

Jeff Stewart