Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 26 Jun 2011 21:23:07 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      I4 Happenings in turbovans land

hey all...

first a question .. are all Tiico's 2.0 liters ? I don't know much about 'em , but thought they are.

A 91 GL Vanagon showed up here..with Tiico engine kit . you can look right down the distrubutor hole and eyeball the # 4 crank journal .. Connecting rod is nowhere in site. How cute.

I just about have my hands on an 85 jetta 1.8 8 valve Digifant. The van's previous might-become-the-new owner bought the 91 GL already converted and was told it was a Tiico 1.8. Does that make any sense ? Will all the Tiico stuff like intake manifold swap over to the 1.8 in the normal manner ? I imagine so ..but someone may have details I could know about in advance.

and ..besides that 85 1.8 engine, and besides my 'other 16V' ...... 87 jetta 16V 1.8 CIS-E engine ... I now am getting a 92 2.0 liter 16V ...... The fuel distributor is missing for that one .. I plan to run it on waterboxer Digifant. ( or the 1.8 16V CIS-E ..if it wants to coopeate. ) That might make one sweet engine in my 87 Wolfsburg. which is already a fine driving machine with a measly old 1.9 waterpuker running on Digifant.

what fun ! scott www.turbovans.com