Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 24 Jun 2011 16:33:04 -0700
From:         David M <covrambles@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Vibration when radiator fan on high speed

Just paid $1200 to have my van worked on (a/c fixed, fuel tank resealed,  gearshift linkage, oil change, emissions). Mechanic said fan should be on high-speed whenever a/c is on, is this true? Now I notice a really bad vibration (can feel it thru pedals) when a/c fan is on high. Could this vibration have to do with fuel tank being dropped and re-installed? I dont know if fan was ever on high before but I never noticed this vibration back when the a/c worked before (10 years ago). Also van now has no pick-up whatsoever, I press the gas pedal and it takes forever for me to take off. Regarding a/c all mechanic did was fill it with freon R12 (3 1/2 pounds cost $262.50). It was $400 in labor to do the gas tank with me supplying the kit of parts. The oil change cost me $106.50 because the drain plug stripped and labor to install a helicoil was $80. I have to take van back on Tuesday for them to check if any of the valuable freon has leaked out. Its so frustrating that whenever I take my van in to be worked on., it always comes back with the original problem fixed but with a new set of problems appearing!

-David (1987 Wolfsburg)